Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My opinion Act 2

          Wow! Act 2 had a lot more happening than Act 1. A one sided romance between Dr. Rank and Nora. I did not expect it. But Nora was going to ask him for money to pay off  Krogstad. She was jauntily showing off silk stockings but when Dr. Rank said he loved her, she was like never mind. She was all for flirting with her husband's best friend. That was so intolerable. What if Helmer found out about her flirting with Dr.Rank?  But then Krogstad comes in with a letter exposing Nora's secret. Now, Nora is doomed. However what happened next surprised me even more. "Mrs. Linde: There was a time when he would gladly have done anything for me.'' (Ibsen 202).
           Mrs. Linde and Krogstad were a thing?! How is that even possible? Where would they have met? So Kristina left to talk to her old boyfriend, leaving Nora to distract Helmer with the tarantella. What does the the tarantella look like? Anyways, Nora says this to Torvald and sort of creeps me out a bit. ''Nora: Yes, terribly worried. Let me rehearse it now- there's still time before dinner. Sit down and play for me, Torvald dear; criticize me, and show me where I'm wrong, the way you always do." (Ibsen 203) I hate to unprofessional but is criticizing Nora Helmer's "turn on"? What do you think about that?
  
This is my reaction to Act 2.

4 comments:

  1. I commented on Britney A., Kristina C., Hannah J., and Catherine H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilie I too was shocked when Kristina said that a long time ago she had a thing with Krogstad, I think that they probably could of have met back where she used to live. The tarantella is a fast modern dance. Knowing Torvald and his attitude, if he were to have find out that Nora and Dr.Rank were getting a little intimate and talking dirty, he would of had freak out and probably have given Nora a lecture of what she did wrong like he usually does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilie I too was shocked when Kristina said that a long time ago she had a thing with Krogstad, I think that they probably could of have met back where she used to live. The tarantella is a fast modern dance. Knowing Torvald and his attitude, if he were to have find out that Nora and Dr.Rank were getting a little intimate and talking dirty, he would of had freak out and probably have given Nora a lecture of what she did wrong like he usually does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i think that certain quote of what Nora said was very disturbing. Why is she saying it like that it makes me feel so akward. She even points out that Helmer is always telling her stuff like "Nora do this" or "Nora do that"

    ReplyDelete