Tuesday, March 8, 2016

    Bonjour, my name is Emilie Linzan. I'm currently 15 years. I like to read, listen to music, play video games, watch anime, draw, sing  and write stories. I'm an only child :(.I have a dog, three birds and a turtle. The one thing I like about English class is how we somehow find a way to mess with Nick. (No offense Nick but its pretty funny when we mess with you)
Henrik Ibsen was born on March 20, 1828 in Skien, Norway. He was the oldest of five children. His parents were Knud and Marichen Ibsen. his father was a merchant and his mother painted, played the piano and usually went to the theater. at a young age he began to show signs of  theatrical genius. When Ibsen was eight his family descended into poverty. They sold everything to pay off the debts and left to live in a small rural farm. At 15 he stopped school and went to find work. In 1849 he wrote his first play Catilina, which was highly inspired by his idol William Shakespeare. A year later he was offered a job to be the manager for the Norwegian theater in Bergen. In 1862 he and his family were forced to leave Norway and move to Italy after writing the play, Brand. He came back to Norway in 1891 being praised as a literary hero. In 1900 he suffered a stroke and could not write anymore. He died May 23,1906. Based off the title I think a doll's house is about a family who hide lots of secrets but act perfect when anyone else is around. I would think the theme is about imperfect families. But this is purely my own opinion about it.



 work cited
http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014

No comments:

Post a Comment